| Nauja paskyra
Powered by Core Design
 
 
Village history [EN]
2011.09.05

Village history

Traupis town located in the upper reaches of the river Nevėžis, Madona district on the outskirts. Location name, according to Professor S. Kolupaila that could arise from the confluence of three rivers: Nevezio, Nevezis and Pienios -Tri rivers.

Some people make just one version, be it a place name comes from the Slavic word "dead bodies" - the corpse, which, perhaps there have been many battles against the crusaders time.

          Village stands in place on the sand hills, 10 km north-east of the wash of 12 km to the south-west of Troskunai. Traupis estate was the fifteenth century Lithuania acts mentioned metrics

District 8 Traupis nobles, who had to build military affairs horses. Age for state estate owned Michalaviciai, Pranckevicius, Giedeliai, Siesikai, Kerbedzio, Kantautas and other landlords.

          In 1515, George and Peter Michalaviciai Traupio set up a Roman Catholic parish. The first pastor was appointed priest of the Diocese of Plock Nicholas. Traupis parish mentioned in 1669 and 1744 synods lists. In 1781 the parish belonged to the parish in 2028. It was then, and the parish school. Campus celebrity - St. Anne's Church was built in 1892. The first parish school was founded in 1777.

          Even before the abolition of serfdom Traupis manor peasants were transformed into “chinshers”.

1863 at Traupio with the Russians fought the rebels led by M. Malecki team. 1865 Russian authorities sanctioned Traupis pastor, Fr. George Valasinska, curb the rebels, sending a 10 years in Siberia.

          1892, Traupis Village were 12 houses and 79 inhabitants, in addition to the Catholic Church was the Jewish synagogue. 1904 Traupio was altarija, two Christians and one Jewish shops, several craft workshops. 1905 in Pastor Mickaniauskas Temperance Society established the department, and in 1908 Fr. Sliogeris - reading.

 Russian Tsarist times Traupio owned Ukmerges County. 1903 had 271 residents.

          Independent living for several years beginning Traupio was a center of district and county owned Ukmergė. 1923 Traupis parish belonged to 89 villages, 610 households and 3925 residents. Parish was later withdrawn Traupio assigned Panevezys Stat. Parish washes,

Its former territory dispersed around our parish. It was the start of school, post office agency, small loan company, consumer cooperative, the parish library (in 1932 there were 1,526 volumes). 1926 National Farmers' Union has established a dairy, it was a few shops, a number of craft workshops, live manifested itself in the youth organization. 1923 villages homestead was 25 and 231

resident.

            Bolshevik occupation Traupio was assigned to the district and made Troskunai district center, and then assigned to Madona district. 1959 Traupio was 157 people.

             Once flourished, and severed the eye with their beauty Laukagalio manor, owned by Mecislovas Kontvainis, extinct. Only the remainder of the infamous Ryman linden alley. Surdaugis estate, owned by Mr. J. Kusnierevicius, many buildings have survived, however, stands unused and neglected. 3 km to the north-west of the Traupis Janapolė surviving manor with two brick warehouses.

             The old villagers like to tell that in ancient times through Traupio marched with his army of Napoleon. Here the battle took place, during which many soldiers died. Mini Napoleon and his eponymous hill.

              The biggest joy of the villagers - quiet Nevezis. Where and how it starts - it is not clear. For many of these streams, they are slow and often rotates, even in opposite directions. Woods South, where starts Nevezis called swamp or gods lame. Married here two Nevezis upper reaches - Nevezis and Nevėžis - meet like is collected and then a short traverse the stream enters the upper reaches of milk, and then west toward Levaniškių flow is real Nevezis.

              The beauty of the landscape does not stand Traupio. There is not a light pine forests, lakes, hills or valleys. Traupio - flat, one can still find one another hillock (Napoleon hill to Nevezis, Treciokas hill toward Balelių, Piglet mountain forest near Troškūnai). However for villagers  Nevėžis valleys have always been beautiful and agreeable, well, here and naturalists - a real treasure trove.

Hardly anywhere else in Lithuania can have you found and various natural rarity, as Traupio, the district has recorded more than 10 protected animals and 30 species of plants and fungi.

            S. Obeleviciaus naturalist through the blade area studied in the Traupis and Troskunai, which has so far untouched by civilization and Melioratorių. It is here that remained rare plant production area and a large variety of animals. This site is protected even under the three conventions.

 

Paskutinį kartą atnaujinta ( 2011.11.09 )
 
< Ankstesnis
 
 
proDESIGN.lt


   
 
 
 
 
 

Copyright © 2017 Traupis.lt